Bad Patent Report

Posted by Michael Shimokaji | Jan 19, 2015 | 0 Comments

Question: What do I do if a company gave me a faulty patent report? Question Detail: I was cheated out of over $10,430 by a company. They gave me a Faulty Patent Report by their attorney. This False Report caused me to sign a 2-Year Contract for over $9,000. At the end of the Contract they assigned me a Patent Attorney who secured my “Utility Patent” for around $3,462! Now I don't even know if my patent is valid?! I found several cases against this company online. Can a patent attorney help me?

Answer: You might go to the US patent office web site – – and see if the company is on a list of questionable invention development companies. There might be some information about the company and what actions you might be able to take.

About the Author

Michael Shimokaji

Michael’s expertise includes the strategic development of patent and trademark portfolios. He identifies those patents and trademarks that are valuable to his clients by providing them with a competitive advantage. Then, Michael obtains patent and trademark registrations in the US and abroad.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Free Consultations

Get answers to your questions from a patent lawyer and trademark lawyer. Contact us for a free consultation - by phone or video conference or in person.