Posted by Michael Shimokaji | Jun 27, 2015 | 0 Comments

Question: What action can I take of someone has trademarked my original artwork without permission? The work is my personal artwork and was not created as work for hire. There was no contract or implied transfer of rights.

ANSWER: If it is artwork that was taken, you are probably dealing with copyright rather than trademark. An initial step is to send a cease and desist letter. Another step is to register your copyright.

About the Author

Michael Shimokaji

Michael’s expertise includes the strategic development of patent and trademark portfolios. He identifies those patents and trademarks that are valuable to his clients by providing them with a competitive advantage. Then, Michael obtains patent and trademark registrations in the US and abroad.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Free Consultations

Get answers to your questions from a patent lawyer and trademark lawyer. Contact us for a free consultation - by phone or video conference or in person.